Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Baby Girl

Hello everybody! I hope you all are well and enjoying your day. At about this time tomorrow, I will be going "under a knife"...just a minor surgical procedure but it does involve a knife/scalpel, some stitching, some swelling afterwards and a whole lot of pain medications and antibiotics. And boy am I nervous! Who won't be? I am a registered nurse and I have assisted doctors in surgical procedure but it's different when the procedure is gonna be done to me. Just like giving shots...I have given shots to numerous patients...but I don't get shots for myself.  Not even a flu shot! The last shot I had was given by my nurse supervisor.  I requested the smallest needle...but as soon as I saw it in his hand and he was prepping my upper arm.......I just fainted! What a whimp! LOL  Well, I'm a nurse...I give the shots...but I don't get them!

Anywhoo, I just wanted to get that out of my system because my anxiety level is purrr-eeettty high!  But after tomorrow, I'm probably gonna by so loaded with antibiotics which makes me sleepy and floating.  But I have stamped up some Tildas so I can ink them up when
 the pain meds will start kickin' in.  
 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Today, my card is for a family from of ours. Her daughter just gave birth a few weeks ago and I thought I would send her a card.  The baby is her first granddaughter and she is just sooo proud and I and happy for the new parents and the new grandparents.  The grandparents were my dad's students in college and I was their flower girl at their wedding!  Whooo!  I think I just admitted that I'm old!LOL
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Challenges:




The inside image of the card.

The whole inside of the card.



All the sentiments are computer generated

Stamps: Magnolia Baby Tilda Princess, Tilda's Castle, Stoney path (not sure of the name)
I used DI reinkers to ink the images.  Flowers are from WOC except for the pink vintage lilies which are from Magnolia.  I also used Magnolia Doohickeys and Stampin' up Modern Label punch, some baby charms, baby buttons, ribbon and string and some acrylic paint for the banner.

~*~*~*~*~*~
Enjoy the rest of your day and I hope you guys like my card for today.  Take care!

Hugs,

Mae




3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love colors you used... and all details!
    Hugs, Barbara GR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful creation! Love your design and coloring. Very cute details. Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Play Challenges this week! Hope you’ll join us again soon for some more challenge fun, Hugs,
    Frances

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is simply amazing! Fantastic! Love all those details and colors! Thanks for sharing it at WOC! Hugs, Loreta.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!