Sunday, February 3, 2013

Drip Drop Tilda with no black lines

Hiya! 
I made a little tutorial on how I colored Drip Drop Tilda with Distress Inks and  using the "no-lines" technique. I posted each photo on Facebook as I was coloring.  Now I want to share it with you.

1. After I stamped Drip Drop Tilda on watercolor paper with Adirondack Cloudy Blue ink pad, I outlined my shadows using Weathered Wood. The ground is Shabby Shutters.


2. Tattered Rose for the Skin.


3. I mapped out the hair using Walnut Stain. Then I let it dry.


 4. Lightly blended the ink with a damp brush.


5. I added some more Walnut Stain. Just laid it where I first mapped out the hair. Let it dry.


6. Blend out the 2nd layer of Walnut Stain. Then I started laying a thin line of Vintage Photo on her face and neck. Spun Sugar for her cheeks. After laying the ink, I immediately blended it out while it was still wet.


7.  I outlined her clothes with Victorian Velvet and blended it out right away.


8. I did a 2nd layer of Victorian Velvet and did the same to the lower part of her clothes.


9. Stormy Sky for her boots and I paid 2 layers of ink and did the same technique.


10. Vintage Photo for shadows to her arms and legs. Just  thin line if ink, then blend out before it dries.


11. Scattered Straw for the umbrella and handle.  For the middle part or spine of the umbrella, I used Brushed Corduroy.


12. Finally, I used Vintage Photo DI Markers for her eyes, brows, cheeks and the end of her hair. The raindrops are Weathered Wood.


 These are the brushes I used to color the image.  I also used Arches Hot Press WC Paper 140lbs.


I hope you learn something from me today. There are other ways to color images using the "no-lines" technique. This is just my way of doing it. If you have other ways to color, please do share it with me. I'd love to learn other techniques!

Thank you so much for dropping by!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Mae, this is a fabulous tutorial, thanks for sharing this. I have just started to colour with distress inks and markers and have found this soo helpful. Will have to practise this tecnique. Yours looks wonderful.
    hun.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mae, what a great tutorial. You make it look so easy to do this and for sure I will try (with your helpful tut).
    I love it and thank you so much for sharing!

    Riet XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mae, this is a fab tutorial, thanks for sharing. hugs, Helena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this lesson, I really like it.
    hugs Fenneke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you SO much for this tutorial! It's awesome! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!