Sunday, March 22, 2015

Sizzix Butterfly

Hi Friends,

I've been playing with some Tim Holtz dies lately and this is what I came up with. I love the new Butterfly Duo with Texture Fades. If you are wondering what those tiny wings are in the center, well...it's one of the butterflies from the set. I messed up...(actually tore the wing apart) and I had to cover it up. So I decided to add a center "winglet" to do the job.

For the background, I used one of the Mixed Media Thinlits.  I distressed the edges of the background panel and stained it with Walnut Stain and a blending tool.


I also used some of Tim Holtz older stamps to give a grundgy look to the card.


Some Ideaology Wordbands and Pen Nibs for the embellishments and a piece of jute,  seam binding and twine to finish the card.

Challenge:
Inspiration Emporium: March Challenge

I hope you have a wonderful week and I hope to see you again soon!

Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Mae and beautifully textured. Love the grunge effect and the butterfly is gorgeous.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful card! The butterfly looks like it is made from leather and I love the layered look you gave it and also the layered background. Thanks so much for joining in with our Spring Blooms challenge at Inspiration Journal. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally got around to making some cards today. I used your card as inspiration for two of them. Such a fun combination and a great way to use up some painted paper scraps. Thanks as always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just found your beautiful butterfly card urtesy of Pinterest, it is gorgeous. I love love love shabby chic style cards and this one ticks all th boxes for the kind of cards I like to make. I have TH butterfly dies and the lacy background die too, so willl add this to my 'must try' list :).
    Thank you for sharing your lovely idea. I will now go back to peek at more of your tips and creations on your blog .

    Warmest best wishes and Happy New Year from across the miles in France.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!